Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Based on the education I've had...

I recently sent the following email to a "friend":
we're trying to come up with a domain name for a [removed] site i'm building on nights and weekends. any ideas?
After a bit of back and forth where this "friend" tried to get a better grip on the idea, I sent the following:
i can't really share any of that.

it shouldn't take much more than knowing it's a [removed] application to come up with a domain name though...
The response, was classic. 12 kilobytes of arrogance, explaining to me why he needs to know the entire business idea before he can brainstorm a domain name. The best part however, was easily the opener:
Well, I disagree. If you ask my opinion I'm going to give you an informed business perspective based on the education I've had which thinks...
Well excuse me Steve Jobs! To be fair, I should add that the rest of his response was fairly polite (for him) and helpful. That opener though, is unforgivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment